Monday 21 July 2008

Laura and the rumble in the jumble

Yesterday I met Sarah and we went to a jumble sale at St.Luke's church hall in Waterloo. It was called 'Rumble in the Jumble', which is perhaps the most witty title I have heard all year.It cost 30p to get in, which shows that even jumble sales are subject to the pressures of inflation. Luckily, I managed to phone Zurich and move some money around so I was able to afford this extortionate entrance fee.

After a quick rumble in the jumble, I happened across a pair of flowery pyjama bottoms with heavily blood stained gussets. I couldn't help but let out an involuntary snort of laughter. I drew Sarah's attention to the aforementioned soiled nightwear item and she nearly burst her spleen laughing. By now, the woman behind the counter had noticed our mirth and was looking at us and laughing, in an attempt to join in the joke. However, she had not seen the blood splattered garment and so was chuckling with a confused innocence which was almost as amusing as the pyjamas.We made a swift exit from the jumble sale shortly afterwards. I considered asking for a refund but then decided I would have actually paid 50p to experience the horror of the pyjamas, so I didn't bother

.After a delicious lunch in the Mocha Lounge, we caught a number 10 bus up to London Rd. I browsed around TJ Hughes, while Sarah nipped to Abakhan for some exciting fabric. We then headed down to Central Library as Sarah needed to renew books and I needed a sit down and drink.

While we were having sit downs and drinks, we decided to execute an old and favourite tradition of ours, which is to empty each others handbags onto the table and have a good rummage through the contents. We laughed at each others work ID badge photographs and then marvelled at the fact we both had the same lip balm. Sarah became ecstatic when she discovered a satsuma in her bag that she thought was lost for all eternity.We then made some preliminary plans for when our American penpal, Tracie comes to visit in August. We decided we would 'firm up' the plans closer to the time.

I needed the Ladies bathroom after this as I had a rumble in the jumble that would not go away. I thought I could bake it till later but I couldn't ignore the spasms in the end so I let rip in the Ladies.Unfortunately, I blocked up the latrine facility with the exuberance of my output, so we made a swift getaway. If anyone is going in there and wants to avoid the scene of the crime, it was the 3rd toilet along.

I then headed homewards as I need to prepare my abode for the arrival of my Mum and Dave. I remembered that they chain drink tea, so I stopped off at the Spar for some bags of leaf based hot beverage. They were staying for a full one night, so I figured that 160 tea bags should cover it. As luck would have it, there was a special offer on and half the bags were as free as the wind. This was grand,as I resent paying cash money for these bags of pure evil.

No comments: